Nominations are now open for our inaugural ‘Excellence in Doctoral Supervision Award!’
What is the purpose of the Award?
The award aims to recognise, reward and celebrate excellence in doctoral supervision at the University of Worcester. This includes staff who are supervising students studying for a PhD, Professional doctorate, and PhD by Published or Creative Work.
The supervisor nominated does not need to be your Director of Studies, but they must be a Supervisor at the University of Worcester, i.e. not an External Supervisor.
Criteria for Nomination
Below are some attributes of excellent supervision with some examples of how these might be evidenced. This list is not exhaustive. MPhil/PhD Course Leaders (or their nominee) will be happy to provide you with support if required. Nominations should not exceed 1,000 words:
- Evidence of outstanding results of their supervision over a number of years
- A pioneering approach to supervision: what has the nominee done above and beyond that which is expected of any good supervisor?
- Demonstrable enthusiasm for the role and going the extra mile to help students navigate through difficulties, academic or otherwise
- Challenging students intellectually and helping them to make substantial contributions to their academic field
- Providing additional support and facilities to give greater scope to their research
To nominate your supervisor click here. It may be easier to prepare the statement prior to completing the survey. If you wish to submit any supporting evidence, e.g. student testimonials, please email: email@example.com
Nominations close at 9am Friday 23rd March. The award will be presented at the Students’ Union Student Choice Awards evening on 22nd May.